The next Youth Parliament will occur in 2019, with Youth MPs participating in a tenure programme from 1 March to 31 August, including attending a two-day Youth Parliament event in Wellington on 16 and 17 July. This triennial programme gives young people the opportunity to understand and be a part of the Parliamentary process and connect with their communities.
I am seeking applications from interested students to be included in my Youth MP selection process for the Otaki Electorate. The deadline for application is Friday 5 October.
I am looking for a young person who is:
- aged 16-18 years old (inclusive) on 19 October 2018
- active in their community
- able to attend Youth Parliament on 16 and 17 July 2019 and commit to the Youth MP tenure, from 1 March to 31 August 2019 (training will be offered at the beginning of this tenure)
- passionate about youth issues, politics and/or social change
- able to seek the views, opinions and ideas of their peers and represent them at the two-day Youth Parliament 2019 event
- prepared to work within the protocols and behavioural expectations of Youth Parliament 2019
If you satisfy these criteria, you can download the Application Form here.
If you have any questions about the selection process, please contact my office on (04) 298 2906.
MP for Pakuranga